About me

My name is Tony Giangreco (or "The Tony"). I am a...

-Musician/Songwriter
-Youtube Actor
-Ghost Hunter
-Full Time Psychopath

The purpose of this blog is self esplanitory... this is words of The Tony.

Friday, January 1, 2016

New year, new beginning!

I've decided to start a new blog and make a point to update it as much as I can. It's mostly for my own use if I ever decide to look back on something, but anyone else who comes across it is welcome to read it as well. I know there will be days when I forget to post something, but I'll do my best to update it whenever I'm able to do so.

Anyway, since it's a new year, I've decided to put some goals into action and hope I accomplish most of them by December.

1. Improve my left hand drumming skills. As I've been playing Ringo Starr for the past couple years, I've cheated my drumming by leading with my right hand rather than playing properly with my left. If I'm going to be the best Ringo the world has ever seen, I must have all the important details which includes the way I lead. Ringo was naturally left handed, so as the actor playing this role, I must learn to be ambidextrous.

2. Release my third original album, and even get some radio play. It's been five years since my last release came out (which was "Love (2011)"), and I've let too much time go by for my next release to be completed. One part of me feels as though I've been counterproductive, but another part of me feels like I needed this time to become better musically and have better equipment/instruments to use. But what ever the case may be, my next release WILL be out by this year. The wait has been long enough, and it's time for me to get to work. While working on my the new album, I will also be shooting various music videos to help build my audience and help gain exposure. I already have a couple visions for a few songs I've already recorded, but I really never know what the turn out will be until I actually start filming and editing the shots.

3. Get me a Martin guitar. Specifically, a D28. I've seen them go for much cheaper than they're supposed to be worth, so I've made it a goal to save up get the acoustic I've always dreamed of owning. people in my family have also played Martins, so I'll eventually be due to carry on the legacy of the musical members of my family.

That's all for now. Here's to a great 2016, and let's hope for a great upcoming year!

No comments:

Post a Comment