About me

My name is Tony Giangreco (or "The Tony"). I am a...

-Musician/Songwriter
-Youtube Actor
-Ghost Hunter
-Full Time Psychopath

The purpose of this blog is self esplanitory... this is words of The Tony.

Monday, January 4, 2016

January 3rd, 2015

I spent most of today working on my upcoming track, Build Your House Of Bricks. It's a song I previously had online for a while, but I took it down because I realized there was more to be done, and I wasn't as happy with it as I wanted to be at the end of the day. I re-did the vocals which needed the most attention, and now that's finally finished after spending a good amount of time behind the mic! I wanted to keep the original version though just to have it as an "anthology take", so I made sure that was saved before I began to record anything new. My next step with this song is to add some keyboards, and I plan on using my "new" Wirlitzer to get the job done! ;) Once that's done, my last revision will be to add a harmonica. I'll need to look for one in the key E though since the only one I have is in C. This song will sound so much better now that I'm finally getting around to it, and I look forward to having it on my blues album assuming that's the record to be released next.

After I finished working on the new vocal tracks, I decided to pull up some older mixes and take a walk down memory lane. I pulled up two songs that I recorded for Theater Class, including "The Balled of Karen And Kaden", and another track called "(Remember Me) Stephanie", which was a song I didn't necessarily write for the show, but more so as a personal song to Stephanie Burd who played the character Donna. I havnt heard this track in YEARS, and it was honestly the first "older" song of mine I listened to in a while in which I didn't cringe when I heard my original vocals! I remember I DID work very hard making the vocals sound good on that track, and hearing it back three years later certainly brings me back to those sessions.

Tomorrow starts a new day, and also a new week! Until then, this is me signing out!

No comments:

Post a Comment