About me

My name is Tony Giangreco (or "The Tony"). I am a...

-Musician/Songwriter
-Youtube Actor
-Ghost Hunter
-Full Time Psychopath

The purpose of this blog is self esplanitory... this is words of The Tony.

Sunday, January 3, 2016

January 2nd, 2015

Well today was a lot of fun! JD Muggs had the first open mic night today for the first time in two years!!! A band I'm currently recording decided to make a deal with the venue and were able to successfully bring it back! The only thing that's different now is that it will be held the first Saturday of every month instead of weekly every Tuesday. It brought back so many memories returning to this great bar, and I look forward to doing it again next month!

I used to play there every week back in 2013 when the Ralleys (now known as the Time Bandits) were going very strong. I still remember it like it was yesterday! My most memorable performance was the first Tuesday after Christmas Day. I brought my Hofner with for her long awaited debut on stage, and was so happy to finally be able to play it! This was before she had her flatwound strings, so she didn't quite have that "Beatles sound" YET - but nonetheless, that night was one of my biggest highlights of 2013. We played there every single week until they stopped having it, and we were really disappointed that our favorite open mic at the time was being cancelled. But now that it's come back, I felt like I was just picking up from where I left off two years ago. I wish Mike, Gintas and Jay could've been there, but Jay won't be back from the Navy until June, and I guess Gintas and Mike weren't able to make it.

 Since I last went there, it appeared as if they changed ownership. The name was changed to "Muggs and Mannor", but the place looked the same, and the food was even BETTER than it was before! Maybe it just seemed so good because I havnt had it in two years. What ever the case may have been, it was definitely a treat to have it again after not having it for so long. I remember they used to have two dollar cheeseburgers that I would get every week there. I doesn't appear they have those anymore, but the regular one they have now is still very good! The new fries were what really stood out to me though. They were much more "home style" like this time, and were just overall better quality. It was a very nice improvement that they made on their food, and I look forward to having it again next month! I saw they have chicken as well, so maybe I'll try that next time to switch it up.

 I did two sets on guitar with Tom (bass player for Liquid Fun, the band that got this going) and his son who was on drums. The first set contained Matchbox, Boys, and Take Me To My Fantasy Land (blues), which was a original of mine. After being offered to do another set, I did Heaven and Hell (a current original still in the making), Waiting For You (also original), and Why Don't We Do It In The Road. I dropped my pic during Waiting For You, and I thought it was going to be a train wreck from that moment on - but surprisingly, I was still able to keep going and even do the leads using only my finger. Maybe it had something to do with the quality of the SG? If that's the case, it definitely doesn't surprise me. I've had her for a whole week at this point, and I have yet to find ONE flaw in her playing abilities and overall craftsmanship. Later on after we finished, Bobby Midnight and the Ordeals stopped by and signed up to do a set as well. We did a couple originals we've been going over together, and we also did some covers later on during a second set along with Swinging Cat, which is a song I wrote a while ago but havn't recorded yet. Killa Mike (who I rode there with) had already left, but Bobby was nice enough to give me a ride home as he was heading out himself. It was definitely a fun rocking night, and I look forward to going back to JD Muggs next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment